Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

07 June, 2014

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, DO IT AGAIN -- ONLY DIFFERENTLY

OVERHEARD:  A bicycle-riding, bearded young man (presumably a father) dressed in cutoff jeans and baseball cap, commenting to three youngsters also on bikes:  "Just because you fall doesn't mean that you quit doing it...Just get up and do it again, only try doing it differently this time!"

"Great advice!" I yelled at him as they passed by our house.

"That's right," he replied, glancing back at me, rather surprised that I had acknowledged him.  

"There's a good dad," I thought to myself as the bikers made their way up the street.

Sometimes it's the small things that make my day.

No comments: